Official Pantech Burst Discussion Thread

CrackUC

Is there any way to fix a hard bricked Pantech Burst? I get nothing. I can't boot recovery or download. I've tried pulling the battery and reinserting it, I've tried leaving it on the charger for a while...I've tried everything. I'm on Linux. How this happened is I tried to install a Rom. This Rom automatically installed an updated version of CWM. It went from like 5.0.2.7 to 6.0.1.3. The numbers may be off, but you get what I mean. I then tried to flash Cyanogenmod and it froze. I waited and waited and the install just wouldn't finish. I ended up having to pull the battery and now the phone is screwed. Any help out there?

can u get inside s/w upgrade mode ? If yes then flash pdl from there and see what happens . If you can't then there's nothing u can do . Hard brick burst is still a paper weight .

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way to fix a hard bricked Pantech Burst? I get nothing. I can't boot recovery or download. I've tried pulling the battery and reinserting it, I've tried leaving it on the charger for a while...I've tried everything. I'm on Linux. How this happened is I tried to install a Rom. This Rom automatically installed an updated version of CWM. It went from like 5.0.2.7 to 6.0.1.3. The numbers may be off, but you get what I mean. I then tried to flash Cyanogenmod and it froze. I waited and waited and the install just wouldn't finish. I ended up having to pull the battery and now the phone is screwed. Any help out there?

Do you have Window? If you do, plug in your phone and see what kind of driver it asks for. If it asksl for qhsusb-dload then yes, your phone can now do nothing but weighting down papers. Had a similar situation as yours,  I too pulled the battery out of my phone when it seem frozen in the flashing process. The result was a hard bricked phone. If that's the case, just have to buy another burst.  Which I did for $115 new on ebay.

Sent From my PantechP9070 on cm10 using Tapatalk

Do you have Window? If you do, plug in your phone and see what kind of driver it asks for. If it asksl for qhsusb-dload then yes, your phone can now do nothing but weighting down papers. Had a similar situation as yours,  I too pulled the battery out of my phone when it seem frozen in the flashing process. The result was a hard bricked phone. If that's the case, just have to buy another burst.  Which I did for $115 new on ebay.

No I only have Linux. I have a Windows 7 key I can use to install Win 7 though. I think you're right for the most part, but it is recoverable. It would take more technical skill than I have though. Also, I can buy just a motherboard for $45 on ebay. I think if I replaced that, it would work. It's just a backup phone for me, and eventually I'll get it replaced, but for now I'll just keep reading and see if I can fix this one. Thanks for your reply bro!

Qualcomm has a software call qpst that can be used to communicate with phone that's hard bricked. But it runs on Window. Supposedly with that tool, and if you can get a working image of your phone's base Rom, you can revive the bricked phone by flashing the image onto the phone with the software. However, it's easier to say than done, because I have no ideal how to get a copy of burst's base Rom image. But qpst software is easily available, just do a Google search. Also as you mentioned that you know how to replace the motherboard, I believe that's the only sure way to fix a hard bricked phone.  However, for $45 you can also get an used burst. Sent From my PantechP9070 on cm10 using Tapatalk

Isnt that qpst app in Korean or mandarian :o???

Flowed from Burst !

Nope english ! Google it .

Qualcomm has a software call qpst that can be used to communicate with phone that's hard bricked. But it runs on Window. Supposedly with that tool, and if you can get a working image of your phone's base Rom, you can revive the bricked phone by flashing the image onto the phone with the software. However, it's easier to say than done, because I have no ideal how to get a copy of burst's base Rom image. But qpst software is easily available, just do a Google search. Also as you mentioned that you know how to replace the motherboard, I believe that's the only sure way to fix a hard bricked phone.  However, for $45 you can also get an used burst.

yeah for now a new board is only option . Also jtag is there but someone should provide a proper TUT forJtag also so others can get it done from respective local shops . I'll try that jtag option from my locality , I think its worth spending few bucks from pocket as testing to unbrick via  jtag .

Nope english ! Google it .

yeah for now a new board is only option . Also jtag is there but someone should provide a proper TUT forJtag also so others can get it done from respective local shops . I'll try that jtag option from my locality , I think its worth spending few bucks from pocket as testing to unbrick via  jtag .

Yeah,  truly said...  Gsm-forum have many engineers. You can look out if you need cheaper tools.  :)

Flowed from Burst !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Please, can someone tell me what custom rom they are running lately and if it is stable as can be? I want to get rid of the stock firmware. ICS blows, tried playing zombie gunship on it and it constantly freezes/crashes.

I am hoping a jellybean custom rom can solve this, but I am scared to make the move, so please help

• 1 month later...