Official Pantech Burst Discussion Thread

CrackUC

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am new to this form and this is my first post. And, first of all I would like to thank all the developers for their great effort to improve the user experience of Pantech Burst. I bought one 2 weeks back from ebay @ 7850 (8350 + 6% discount coupon). I am residing in Gurgaon and using Reliance and BSNL connection. The phone recognized my reliance SIM after 4-5 attempts but it didn't recognize my BSNL SIM after several attempts. The BSNL SIM is still recognized in my other phone (after cutting to micro size), so there is no issue of SIM damage. The only logic I could find was that I am in roaming in gurgaon and there is no BSNL network available here and my phone uses MTNL (Dolphin) network. Has anyone tried using this phone while roaming? Is it working propoerly while roaming? Is anyone else facing the same issue?? Please help me resolve this issue....... Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am new to this form and this is my first post. And, first of all I would like to thank all the developers for their great effort to improve the user experience of Pantech Burst. I bought one 2 weeks back from ebay @ 7850 (8350 + 6% discount coupon).

I am residing in Gurgaon and using Reliance and BSNL connection. The phone recognized my reliance SIM after 4-5 attempts but it didn't recognize my BSNL SIM after several attempts. The BSNL SIM is still recognized in my other phone (after cutting to micro size), so there is no issue of SIM damage. The only logic I could find was that I am in roaming in gurgaon and there is no BSNL network available here and my phone uses MTNL (Dolphin) network.

Has anyone tried using this phone while roaming? Is it working propoerly while roaming?

Is anyone else facing the same issue?? Please help me resolve this issue.......

Thanks in advance

Well If the the other phone is receiving the signal than our burst should receive also :/ This is kinda very weird problem .

I am facing two issues with pantech burst: 1. It has a dual core processor, however my system manager app shows only one cpu working while other one is always sleep (never seen it active even when cpu 1 is utilized 100%). 2. I could not find auto brightness control in the display setting. Is anyone else facing same issues and if yes then please share your solutions if you are lucky enough to find them.

I am facing two issues with pantech burst:

1. It has a dual core processor, however my system manager app shows only one cpu working while other one is always sleep (never seen it active even when cpu 1 is utilized 100%).

2. I could not find auto brightness control in the display setting.

Is anyone else facing same issues and if yes then please share your solutions if you are lucky enough to find them.

well , The processor is used on the basis of usage I assume . When there will be need only when the processor 2 will be active its kinda a battery saver technique . BTW why u need both to be active ? You facing lag? I switched to 800mhz and 1 processor and still lag free experience :D .

2. Auto brightness isn't in the settings as pantech didn't integrated it :( But the CM10 currently being developed has it also :D .

well , The processor is used on the basis of usage I assume . When there will be need only when the processor 2 will be active its kinda a battery saver technique . BTW why u need both to be active ? You facing lag? I switched to 800mhz and 1 processor and still lag free experience :D .

2. Auto brightness isn't in the settings as pantech didn't integrated it :( But the CM10 currently being developed has it also :D .

First of all, thanks for the reply.....

1. I am not facing any kind of lag but I read an article on a technical forum which talked about dual core technology. It said that if both the cores are working parallel then the system can save upto 60% of battery life. However it said that android platform at present doesn't support multi cores or has a very limited support in latest android versions. I was just trying to verify the benefits of having a dual core phone........ :P

2. I downloaded a market app which allows me to set auto brightness mode but i don't see any change in brightness moving from indoors to outdoor (change in ambient lighting). My question was does pantech burst have hardware (if any required) to support auto brightness mode....... :-/

First of all, thanks for the reply.....

1. I am not facing any kind of lag but I read an article on a technical forum which talked about dual core technology. It said that if both the cores are working parallel then the system can save upto 60% of battery life. However it said that android platform at present doesn't support multi cores or has a very limited support in latest android versions. I was just trying to verify the benefits of having a dual core phone........ :P

2. I downloaded a market app which allows me to set auto brightness mode but i don't see any change in brightness moving from indoors to outdoor (change in ambient lighting). My question was does pantech burst have hardware (if any required) to support auto brightness mode....... :-/

I don't know whats happening . It should work/ might work not . IN CM it works :D . Be tension free bro :)  . CM will be coming soon :D

I don't know whats happening . It should work/ might work not . IN CM it works :D . Be tension free bro :)  . CM will be coming soon :D

Waiting for that day when CM will be out for burst, that was the only motivation for me behind buying this device............keep up the good work bro :-bd

I know I am bugging you a lot on this topic but I was wondering if you have ever seen the CPU 2 working along with CPU 1........cos after your suggestion I lowered my clock speed to 700 MHz, now CPU 1 was utilized 100% almost all the time but CPU 2 was always asleep as usual....... ~X(

Waiting for that day when CM will be out for burst, that was the only motivation for me behind buying this device............keep up the good work bro :-bd

I know I am bugging you a lot on this topic but I was wondering if you have ever seen the CPU 2 working along with CPU 1........cos after your suggestion I lowered my clock speed to 700 MHz, now CPU 1 was utilized 100% almost all the time but CPU 2 was always asleep as usual....... ~X(

why is still bugging you so much :D ? If the device going smooth till than one should be quite :/ . And Bro , I already told you na that cpu2 will wake when it will be necessary only :D .

• 2 weeks later...

So I got a Pantech Burst, with AT&T bloatware on ICS 4.04, and followed the instructions above to root it. Kernel ver is 3.0.8-perf, build # IMM76I Unfortunately, after rooting, I was removing the AT&T stuff and I may have accidentally deleted something to do with Contacts (I still see the APK file) - so now Contacts does not open, and is not allowing my dialer to open. I can sync gmail, but syncing to Contacts in gmail or Exchange gives an error (Sync is not available etc.) and I get the standard "Unfortunately Contacts has stopped" on the dialer. I tried to go back to stock, by using the Pantech upgrade to ICS tool, but it says I am on the latest version and does not give an option to re-install. Questions: 1. Can I fix the Contacts? If not, is there a way to trick the version number, so that I can re-install stock? Will that re-install the file I may have deleted? I tried to use the "return to GB" tool, but the zip file would not open. 2. I saw the post above for reducing the data speed to 2G using Widgetsoid - I downloaded it, but don't see any menu with widgets in it (the screen shots above don't match the latest one I just got from Play). When I open the Apps folder on the Pantech, I get 5 screens of installed app, but there is no tab for widgets. Any help (urgently needed) would be appreciated. Am at work, so email would be quicker: rajbhandari at gmail. Thanks again! Raj

So I got a Pantech Burst, with AT&T bloatware on ICS 4.04, and followed the instructions above to root it. Kernel ver is 3.0.8-perf, build # IMM76I

Unfortunately, after rooting, I was removing the AT&T stuff and I may have accidentally deleted something to do with Contacts (I still see the APK file) - so now Contacts does not open, and is not allowing my dialer to open. I can sync gmail, but syncing to Contacts in gmail or Exchange gives an error (Sync is not available etc.) and I get the standard "Unfortunately Contacts has stopped" on the dialer.

I tried to go back to stock, by using the Pantech upgrade to ICS tool, but it says I am on the latest version and does not give an option to re-install.

Questions:

1. Can I fix the Contacts? If not, is there a way to trick the version number, so that I can re-install stock? Will that re-install the file I may have deleted? I tried to use the "return to GB" tool, but the zip file would not open.

2. I saw the post above for reducing the data speed to 2G using Widgetsoid - I downloaded it, but don't see any menu with widgets in it (the screen shots above don't match the latest one I just got from Play). When I open the Apps folder on the Pantech, I get 5 screens of installed app, but there is no tab for widgets.

Any help (urgently needed) would be appreciated. Am at work, so email would be quicker: rajbhandari at gmail. Thanks again!

Raj

I am not sure of what went wrong with your contacts and how to fix it, however you can always go back to stock rom using cwm recovery. Since you are already rooted, you can install cwm recovery and download stock rom or any other custom rom and flash it on your pantech. For detailed instructions and rom download links refer this path http://forum.gizmolord.com/android-modding/pantech-burst-quick-guides/.  :)

hi, I am very greatfgul to this forum to provide such useful information in very easy way.. I have newly bought burst and with the help of instruction and tools provide on this forum I've- 1) rooted the device 2) installed CWM 6 RECOVERY 3) removed at&t stuff using ES File explorer.. still I have some issues to deal with- -Major one- not able to connect to internet using mobile data services- I am using Vodafone. every time when I manually enter the apn setting and click on save, it disappears.. please guide how I can access internet using sim services.. 2) there is still some at&t apps running in background (at&t native sync, at&t hot spot) what for these are and how to remove this? because I cant find similar names in app folder neither in ES File explorer nor in titanium backup.. 3) how to disable unwanted cached process, which are always running in background and consume ram unnecessarily.. every working idea is welcome. Thanks  

hi,

I am very greatfgul to this forum to provide such useful information in very easy way..

I have newly bought burst and with the help of instruction and tools provide on this forum I've-

1) rooted the device

2) installed CWM 6 RECOVERY

3) removed at&t stuff using ES File explorer..

still I have some issues to deal with-

-Major one- not able to connect to internet using mobile data services-

I am using Vodafone. every time when I manually enter the apn setting and click on save, it disappears..

please guide how I can access internet using sim services..

2) there is still some at&t apps running in background (at&t native sync, at&t hot spot) what for these are and how to remove this? because I cant find similar names in app folder neither in ES File explorer nor in titanium backup..

3) how to disable unwanted cached process, which are always running in background and consume ram unnecessarily..

every working idea is welcome.

Thanks

Best solution for you :D -- >  Flash This rom :D