ClockWork Recovery Mod For Pantech Burst

CrackUC

YOU NEED A ROOTED PHONE BEFORE THIS !! FOLLOW THIS ROOTING GUIDE FIRST !!

FOR GINGERBREAD USERS

1. BE BRAVE DON'T GET SCARED OFF NOTHING CAN HAPPEN .

2. Download This Folder  --> Pantech Burst RECOVERY  ( personally checked and uploaded on a secure hosting )

3. Enable USB debugging on your device by Going to setting->Application->Development->USB debugging(tick this).

4. Connect Your phone with PC And make sure its recognizable .

5. Open ADB by Holding shift in the folder (Pantech burst root ) you have the ADB files (pantech burst root GB) and than right click than open  command prompt here.

( Simply in the folder(pantech burst root) you have adb files --> Hold shift whole press right click and in that menu click open command prompt here . )

6. Run the following command , in ADB .

adb reboot bootloader
  press enter ,

fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6-touch.img
  After it gets finished Run ,

fastboot reboot

You are Done  :yahoo:

FOR ICE CREAM SANDWICH USERS

2. Download This Folder  --> Pantech Burst Recovery  ( personally checked and uploaded on a secure hosting )

3. Enable USB debugging on your device by going to Settings->Developers Option -> Usb Debugging(tick this).

5. Open ADB by Holding shift in the folder (Pantech burst root ICS)you have the ADB files and than right click than open  command prompt here.

( Simply in the folder(Pantech burst root ICS) you have adb files --> Hold shift whole press right click and in that menu click open command prompt here . )

6. Run The following Commands in ADB ,

adb push recovery-cwm6-touch.img /data/local/tmp/
( Better Copy the code and Paste there by right clicking and selecting paste )

Than ,

adb shell
press enter ,

su
press enter ,

dd if=/data/local/tmp/recovery-cwm6-touch.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
( Please copy paste This !! Wrongly doing this command will brick your phone . ) ( JUST COPY AND PASTE) press enter ,

sync

exit

NON Touch Recovery :-

Just replace 'recovery-cwm6-touch.img' with 'recovery-cwm6-no-touch.img' in above codes .

Example :

fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6-no-touch.img

BELOW HERE ARE SOME OLD CWM RECOVERY , NOT RECOMMENDED THOUGH .

OLD RECOVERY - CWM 5.x - NON TOUCH

For Ginger bread  users

2. Download This Folder  --> Pantech Burst Root ICS  ( personally checked and uploaded on a secure hosting ) ( don't get confused with folder name )

3. Enable USB debugging on your device by Going to setting->Application->Development->USB debugging(tick this).

5. Open ADB by Holding shift in the folder (Pantech burst root ) you have the ADB files (pantech burst root GB) and than right click than open  command prompt here.

( Simply in the folder(pantech burst root) you have adb files --> Hold shift whole press right click and in that menu click open command prompt here . )

6. Run the following command , in ADB .

adb reboot bootloader
  press enter ,

fastboot flash recovery cwm-5.0.2.7-presto.img
  After it gets finished Run ,

fastboot reboot

You are Done  :yahoo:

FOR Ice Cream Sandwich Users

2. Download This Folder  --> Pantech Burst Root ICS.rar  ( personally checked and uploaded on a secure hosting )(don't get confused off by name)

3. Enable USB debugging on your device by going to Settings->Developers Option -> Usb Debugging(tick this).

5. Open ADB by Holding shift in the folder (Pantech burst root ICS)you have the ADB files and than right click than open  command prompt here.

( Simply in the folder(Pantech burst root ICS) you have adb files --> Hold shift whole press right click and in that menu click open command prompt here . )

6. Run The following Commands in ADB ,

adb push cwm-5.0.2.7-presto.img /data/local/tmp/
( Better Copy the code and Paste there by right clicking and selecting paste )

Than ,

adb shell
press enter ,

su
press enter ,

dd if=/data/local/tmp/cwm-5.0.2.7-presto.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
( Please copy paste This !! Wrongly doing this command will brick your phone . ) ( JUST COPY AND PASTE) press enter ,

sync

exit

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

INDEX: [iNDEX] Everything For Pantech Burst

DISCUSSION : Offcial Pantech Burst discussion thread

ESSENTIALS :[TUTORIAL] [Root]Pantech burst

[TUTORIAL] ClockWork Recovery Mod For Pantech Burst

ROMS: [ROMS] Pantech Burst Custom Roms

Stock firmwares : [stock ROMS] Pantech Burst all stock  Roms

Source Build Guides : [TUTORIAL] Compile Unoffcial Paranoid For Pantech burst

[TUTORIAL] Compile Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 for Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] Compile Unofficial AOKP for Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] Compile Unoffical AOSP ICS for Pantech Burst ( Codeaurora )

MODS/TWEAKS  : [TUTORIAL] How to Unlock Bootlaoder in Pantech burst

Miscellaneous : [TUTORIAL] Going Back To Gingerbread in Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] How to Make your pantech Burst recognizable

[TUTORIAL] How to remove All At&T Default apps/Bloatware from Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] 2G / 3G Toggle for Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] Unlock AT&T Pantech Burst

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• 1 month later...

thanks for this guide. after flashing, how i can boot to CWM without using adb command?

power+ vol down buttons?

what about this method?

fastboot flash recovery cwm-5.0.2.7-presto.img

yes you can boot to CWM by vol down + power . and fastoboot flash recover cwm-5.0.2.7.img will not work as we need to partition the SD card first and specifically send the recovery to mmcblk0p18 .

hello pls I just rooted my pantech burst but I wanna install cwm but its just writing errors.please kindly give me easier instructions on it cos am a novice on this...I wanna flash ur new rom ....thanks alot

insctructions are very easy already i think so :/  . But what kind of errors you are facing right now ? Please elaborate .

copy-paste the commands written above correctly . I can see the direction of slash is wrong :3 .

tanx alot ...I followed the instructions nd copy nd pasre d commands....everything went well....am so grateful ....am already using ur 2.0B rom...its butter smooth ...bt pls can u add t-mobile themes Chooser in ur next rom ...tanx alot for d great work u ar doing

• 4 weeks later...

i followed the steps to rooting and recovery up. i installed gizmolord 3.0.

i could not get  cwm touch for whatever reason afterwards. i retraced and rerooted and tried to install cwm touch. i cant get past the fastboot screen. its stuck in the white screen on the phone.

Do this issue will be solved :D

http://forum.gizmolord.com/android/usb-drivers-for-pantech-burst/

Actually you can type adb devices while in that white screen to actually confirm that its driver problem :D If at last too everything doesn't work  (that won't happen :P ) than you can try by installing pda net in your PC . Make sure The data cable is connected to main mobo usb ports !

• 3 weeks later...

Tried rooting burst without external SD card through cwm touch but failed in all 7-8 attempts...... Then got an external SD card and tried through cwm 5.0.2.7 and got it done on second attempt...... Recovery installation was smooth in first attempt...... I am on Gizmolord 4.0 now and my burst still has cwm touch and not cwm 5.0.2.7 as explained in your tutorial. Can you explain how....... Anyways, it least bothers me, thanks for everything........

Tried rooting burst without external SD card through cwm touch but failed in all 7-8 attempts......

Then got an external SD card and tried through cwm 5.0.2.7 and got it done on second attempt......

Recovery installation was smooth in first attempt......

I am on Gizmolord 4.0 now and my burst still has cwm touch and not cwm 5.0.2.7 as explained in your tutorial. Can you explain how.......

Anyways, it least bothers me, thanks for everything........

In gizmolord 4.0 CWM touch is intregated , So from whichever recovery you flash . It will be CWM 6 ( I put in ) after flash  .

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, when I try to install this running ice cream sandwich, it runs the first two commands fine, but after I put in 'adb shell' followed bu 'su', it says "/system/bin/sh: su: not found". Any input on what I'm doing wrong? It ran the first two commands fine, and I've followed all the steps exactly to my knowledge.

Hey, when I try to install this running ice cream sandwich, it runs the first two commands fine, but after I put in 'adb shell' followed bu 'su', it says "/system/bin/sh: su: not found". Any input on what I'm doing wrong? It ran the first two commands fine, and I've followed all the steps exactly to my knowledge.

Device not rooted .

• 2 weeks later...

How do I boot into clockworkmod recovery? I tried doing it with power+vol down but it didn't work. I see an Android bot laying and there was an attention symbol. I have successfully rooted my phone with ICS. I have CWM recovery 5.0.2.7 installed. Do I need to update the recovery to latest version(cwm 6) in order to boot into recovery?

How do I boot into clockworkmod recovery? I tried doing it with power+vol down but it didn't work. I see an Android bot laying and there was an attention symbol. I have successfully rooted my phone with ICS. I have CWM recovery 5.0.2.7 installed. Do I need to update the recovery to latest version(cwm 6) in order to boot into recovery?

no power button + volume down should land into recovery. I don't know what problem is ,I recommend you to follow the TUT with CWM 6 rather than finding out problem and waste time :D it just takes 1 minute :D

Hi Ujwal, While installing CWM and following your tutorials, getting following errors: D:\Naresh\Pantech\Pantech Burst Recovery>adb reboot bootloader D:\Naresh\Pantech\Pantech Burst Recovery>fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6-touch.img sending 'recovery' (6802 KB)... OKAY [  0.484s] writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: Not Support !!) finished. total time: 0.499s D:\Naresh\Pantech\Pantech Burst Recovery>fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6-touch.img sending 'recovery' (6802 KB)... OKAY [  0.484s] writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: Not Support !!) finished. total time: 0.484s D:\Naresh\Pantech\Pantech Burst Recovery>fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6-touch.img sending 'recovery' (6802 KB)... OKAY [  0.484s] writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: Not Support !!) finished. total time: 0.484s D:\Naresh\Pantech\Pantech Burst Recovery> It is failing in fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6-touch.img  .. Please suggest, what I am missing UPdate: I tried the alternate ways from the tutorial of unlocking the bootloader and it worked like charm.. Thanks for the Gizmoloard V4.0 ... Haven't yet seen all upgrades bu atleast, enjoying the change..

no power button + volume down should land into recovery. I don't know what problem is ,I recommend you to follow the TUT with CWM 6 rather than finding out problem and waste time :D it just takes 1 minute :D

There was no problem. Actually, I had to press the power button once again to see the options. Will following this guide overwrite the existing CWM recovery (5.0.2.7)?

Hi Ujwal,

While installing CWM and following your tutorials, getting following errors:

D:\Naresh\Pantech\Pantech Burst Recovery>adb reboot bootloader

D:\Naresh\Pantech\Pantech Burst Recovery>fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6-touch.img

sending 'recovery' (6802 KB)...

OKAY [  0.484s]

writing 'recovery'...

FAILED (remote: Not Support !!)

finished. total time: 0.499s

D:\Naresh\Pantech\Pantech Burst Recovery>fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6-touch.img

OKAY [  0.484s]

writing 'recovery'...

finished. total time: 0.484s

OKAY [  0.484s]

writing 'recovery'...

finished. total time: 0.484s

D:\Naresh\Pantech\Pantech Burst Recovery>

It is failing in fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6-touch.img  .. Please suggest, what I am missing

UPdate:

I tried the alternate ways from the tutorial of unlocking the bootloader and it worked like charm..

Thanks for the Gizmoloard V4.0 ... Haven't yet seen all upgrades bu atleast, enjoying the change..

I think drivers aren't installed properly.