[Root]Pantech burst

CrackUC

Successfully rooted my Burst... just it took hardly 3min... thankyou for your support...

one more question: I have a bunch of paid themes with me... after i installed those I cant find them in themes list or in menu... but those are visible in installed apps list..., So, any idea about it? ...

re-install them from play store . But they must be visible :-/ this is weird .

Urgent !!! after rooting i am not able to receive any voice calls but i could receive msgs and data... calls are automatically ignored and displayed in call list... I am able to dial out but incoming calls ignored by itself...

are you sure ? This thing isn't possible :)  . If such happening flash stock PDL and than my rom .

re-install them from play store . But they must be visible :-/ this is weird . are you sure ? This thing isn't possible :)  . If such happening flash stock PDL and than my rom .

I flashed with stock ICS now its fine...  and wifi tether is working with this app (attached) just on touch enable tethering...

• 1 month later...

I for the life of me cannot root this phone. I will try another SD card, but I have one in my phone and its saying, when I use the 1 click method, it cannot send the files to my phone and its getting an error.. it installed clockwork mod 6.XXX but i cannot flash the rooter file. ive tried transferring it manually but its still not flashing, I get error status 6... any idea? EDIT: I got it now, I used ADB instead of the one click method. First time Burst user, and I love the little phone so far, very underrated imo

Did everything now when i am using root kit it is saying "more than one device" on cmd :\ ,also in which mode do we have to keep connection mode ( PC, MTP, USB) & earlier i hvnt mounted ext sd card is that necessity ? ( i think so as command says extd sd card  (:|) .

I think i hv done everything but now its not rebooting in fastboot mode :\

Did everything now when i am using root kit it is saying "more than one device" on cmd :\ ,also in which mode do we have to keep connection mode ( PC, MTP, USB) & earlier i hvnt mounted ext sd card is that necessity ? ( i think so as command says extd sd card  (:|) .

I think i hv done everything but now its not rebooting in fastboot mode :\

IDK about root kit . connect as nothing just connect and make sure usb debugging is on . It sometimes irritates when doens't go in fastboot but doing 3-4 times it will solve :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi PC Suite running, phone recognized. Updated drivers and used PDANet After step 2 for ICS phone has white screen with FAST BOOT mode PC Suite now says not device connected and nothing ever happens. If I do step 3 the command window says < waiting for device > and nothing ever happens. Have to pull battery. COPY/PASTE from command window= C:\Users\uberuser\Desktop\New Folder (2)\Pantech burst Root ICS>adb push Superus er-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip /sdcard/external_sd/ adb server is out of date.  killing... * daemon started successfully * 4402 KB/s (640158 bytes in 0.142s) C:\Users\uberuser\Desktop\New Folder (2)\Pantech burst Root ICS>adb reboot bootl oader adb server is out of date.  killing... * daemon started successfully * C:\Users\uberuser\Desktop\New Folder (2)\Pantech burst Root ICS>fastboot boot cw m-5.0.2.7-presto.img < waiting for device >

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey I am facing a problem while rooting my Burst. I have Windows 7 and enabled USB debug as said in the tutor.Once I moved the files to SD card does it should be the internal SD card or External SD card? I have tried to move using command prompt and after that phone boots up and a *WHITE* screen appears and nothing happens.I tried 2-3 times and same white screen appears and nothing happens after that and I need to remove battery in order to boot up properly.Please help asap

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

alright after a year of tinkering around on windows 8 and being COMPLETELY unable to do ANYTHING with my phone, i nearly gave up on rooting all together.

However, now that i have found this, i am just steps away fro rooting. Problem is, there seems to be a hitch here somewhere

I go through the trouble of installing Command Prompt Here XP Powertoy on my computer, however when i run the first command i get issues.

if it DOES start (Usually takes two tries) it say abd server out of date, killing.... then *Daemon Sucessful!* 

Then my phone reboots. However its just a regular reboot. 

there is no white screen with the lines "Fastboot Mode" on it like advertised there would be.

I tried adb reboot oem-unlock which is a random command i found online and that didnt seem to fix anything.

So, once again i am back here after tinkering with my phone (Pantech burst gingerbread) all day and a computer that is falling apart 

So what am i missing? ive tried insterting the second command after it rebooted but nothing happens. Im not rooted. Can anyone help?

Hi PC Suite running, phone recognized. Updated drivers and used PDANet After step 2 for ICS phone has white screen with FAST BOOT mode PC Suite now says not device connected and nothing ever happens. If I do step 3 the command window says < waiting for device > and nothing ever happens. Have to pull battery. COPY/PASTE from command window= C:UsersuberuserDesktopNew Folder (2)Pantech burst Root ICS>adb push Superus er-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip /sdcard/external_sd/ adb server is out of date.  killing... * daemon started successfully * 4402 KB/s (640158 bytes in 0.142s) C:UsersuberuserDesktopNew Folder (2)Pantech burst Root ICS>adb reboot bootl oader adb server is out of date.  killing... * daemon started successfully * C:UsersuberuserDesktopNew Folder (2)Pantech burst Root ICS>fastboot boot cw m-5.0.2.7-presto.img < waiting for device >

pretty much the same thing i am getting on this end. My phone is a pantech burst 2.3.5 and needs rooting bad.

i posted yesterday about trying the gingerbread method because thats what i was told that my phone was. However i tried the ICS method on a hunch and it got me into fastboot mode. Problem is, nothing but waiting for device happens after that. And im pretty sure my pantech pc suite and my pdnet disconnect as well. Cause the icons at the bottom swap. I have padnet set up as usb tether. Am i supposed to use a different setting?

any advice would be great. If this forum is still active lol. Last post i saw was over two years ago.