All Custom roms for Defy/Defy+

Tristar

Hello guys,

I am using Moto defy+ since 4 months.

I have tried various custom ROMs and everything was well.

But since few days, my camera is making some fluttering noise while using camera related things.

two of my softkeys are dimmed and rests two are lit normally.

Please give me suggestion/solutions.

The soft key dimming is not actually dimming of the light but death of the led for that particular key. Its a hardware damage arisen out of ROM misfunctioning related with light settings over prolonged usage (depends on your luck :D ). Its a common issue in Defy+ though....Two of my friends who has Defy+ got with this same issue and I fear the same to not happen with me but unfortunately it will at some point of time might happen.

If your product is under warranty, get it repaired free of cost from service center. Otherwise too its not of a big concern altogether in my view.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello friend i upgraded my motorola defy+ B7 to ics but what has happened that now i dont have a play store app niether its connecting to my gmail now i am unable to get my contacts also .

Pls help.

and now root checker also says its not rooted but i do have superuser insta

if it says it's not rooted, means it's not. The best thing you can do now is redo the root procedure on your phone, tutorial can be found in this forum itself. Also when flashing makes sure you do a complete wipe before trying our different roms. Also flash in this order, rom->gasps, since yours is a defy+ there is no need of flashing a kernal

Sent via my Defy+

• 2 weeks later...

hello........am a defy plus user...i already rooted and installed nightly mode on my phone with help of ur perfect guide frm forum...thanx fr tat......here i have found several link files based on jellybean. rom.........how shall i enjoy this custom roms??????......help me in installling this custom roms.......thanx in advance.:)

hello........am a defy plus user...i already rooted and installed nightly mode on my phone with help of ur perfect guide frm forum...thanx fr tat......here i have found several link files based on jellybean. rom.........how shall i enjoy this custom roms??????......help me in installling this custom roms.......thanx in advance.:)

it's the same method for all jb based roms

Sent via my Defy+

battery is charging to only 81% pls help

I had the same problem! I understand it is very irritating but I browsed a bit and found the solution.

Do the hard reset: let the battery die completely, plug it into charge using the wall adaptor, then let it charge till it reaches the maximum ( for some it may be 78, 79, or 80 also) (no problem) then remove the battery while it is still plugged in and let it reboot. You will see a question mark on the battery. Insert the battery into the phone and unplug the charging cable. Then boot. Done.

Note: this must be done for every charge cycle.

Note: it's a bug of some kind in the ROM. I have found that it doesn't occur in ICS based ROMs. 

Your welcome. :)

Hey there! I found myself in a small pickle today. I tried out a few roms on my motorola defy plus from this list, and as of today I have absolultely no space on internal memory, although it is supposed to be 1GB in size. I'm thinking that this happened, because every time I tried out a new rom, I installed all the applications I use all over again. I tried clearing the cache, the Dalvik cache from recovery, but it didn't help at all. In this way I am unable to install any aplications whatsoever, whenever I try to open the Market, the phone hangs for a while and then reboots, actually whatever I do with it, it reboots, for example opening the contact manager, trying to manage the apps and so on. Any ideas? Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

hi.am a defy plus user ....i rooted my phone and installed custom roms but i have a one problem....after installing my custom rom(xperia D) my phone got slow.afterwards i tried cm based roms...while installing this rom it shows mount/cache/error..some sort of crap in recovery mode....but can install my custom roms....after installing it reboots  everytime when i enter an each  appplication.......help me to get rid out of this bug.....only it is stable in cmx mode....bt in this rom also when i reboot it again displays like setup menu as we find after installing the custom rom.....help me to get rid out of this nonsense.... :-S

hi.am a defy plus user ....i rooted my phone and installed custom roms but i have a one problem....after installing my custom rom(xperia D) my phone got slow.afterwards i tried cm based roms...while installing this rom it shows mount/cache/error..some sort of crap in recovery mode....but can install my custom roms....after installing it reboots  everytime when i enter an each  appplication.......help me to get rid out of this bug.....only it is stable in cmx mode....bt in this rom also when i reboot it again displays like setup menu as we find after installing the custom rom.....help me to get rid out of this nonsense.... :-S

go to stock recovery and wipe data. Then wipe data, cache & the dalvik from the custom recovery and install your romantic again.

Sent from my Novo7 Flame tab

when i enter stock recovery it displays android symbol with an exclamatory!!!!.....am using recovery jb 5.0.7 ....when i try try to install custom rom.it installs......but in between it shows E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log......moreover it enter camera it closes......help me fix plz.......

hi....am frm india....i first installed wiui ics version in my defy plus......after that i installed CM 7 mokee os....the rom is extremely gud.....bt the problem is i cant able to receive calls,but i can call and receive messsages....wen somebody calls me it says user busy...bt am not talking to anybody when others call.bt still it happens......moreover instead of moto logo mokee logo is displaying on start up.....even after changing other custom rom......i think so baseband version causes problem for not receiving calls only in mokee os....help me fix this probs.......plz reply to this post as soon as possible......thanx in advance....:)

when i enter stock recovery it displays android symbol with an exclamatory!!!!.....am using recovery jb 5.0.7 ....when i try try to install custom rom.it installs......but in between it shows

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log

E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log......moreover it enter camera it closes......help me fix plz.......

i think the best would be to flash sbf, follow the root procedure again, then flash the rom again

Sent via my Defy+

hi....am frm india....i first installed wiui ics version in my defy plus......after that i installed CM 7 mokee os....the rom is extremely gud.....bt the problem is i cant able to receive calls,but i can call and receive messsages....wen somebody calls me it says user busy...bt am not talking to anybody when others call.bt still it happens......moreover instead of moto logo mokee logo is displaying on start up.....even after changing other custom rom......i think so baseband version causes problem for not receiving calls only in mokee os....help me fix this probs.......plz reply to this post as soon as possible......thanx in advance....:)

that's weird, if it's the baseband issue, try changing it to "South East Asia 3.4.3-331" under settings > advanced > baseband selector... If it still doesn't resolve.. Use another rom... Cause it could be some rom issue

Sent via my Defy+