[Tutorial] Install CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Motorola Defy/Defy+

Die2mrw007

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, great thread and I am learning a lot - I want to upgrade so bad but I want to be sure I have the right pieces - I downloaded everything so the question is: what is the best Rom for a Defy Green Lens? Can I install the latest build which has been released today? CM10-20130110-NIGHTLY-mb526.zip Thank you so much you're all fantastic :)

Hi all, great thread and I am learning a lot - I want to upgrade so bad but I want to be sure I have the right pieces - I downloaded everything so the question is: what is the best Rom for a Defy Green Lens? Can I install the latest build which has been released today?

CM10-20130110-NIGHTLY-mb526.zip

Thank you so much you're all fantastic :)

yes you can as all 2nd boot nightly roms are made for both defy and defy (+) phones, so it's a unified rom having a same based kernel which is inbuilt into the rom installer

Sent via my Defy+

I tried another rom just now: CM10-20121118-NIGHTLY-mb526.zip

The other one was giving me the "Welcome to Jelly Bean" ASCII message while installing - this one did not.

try a clean install again, and don't flash any kernel, if you did that. Cause you should be facing any such issues if you've followed the steps to the dot.

Sent via my Defy+

Just to make sure I explained myself clearly 0 the phone is not stuck on the logo - it cycles over and over showing the logo, then the blue led comes on and the logo goes away and then the blue led changes to fixed red led and goes for a minute before it starts over with the logo ...

did you change any vsel/cpu string from bootmenu by any chance?

Sent via my Defy+

ok, trying now ..

nothing - followed steps twice - same thing: logo then blue led then logo gone blue turns to red for a minute and then the whole cycle repeats  - did I mention my starting point was android 2.2.1 on a t-mobile defy with motoblur? does that make a difference? It sucks because at the end of the rom installation it says "Welcome to Jelly Bean, enjoy!"

nothing - followed steps twice - same thing: logo then blue led then logo gone blue turns to red for a minute and then the whole cycle repeats  - did I mention my starting point was android 2.2.1 on a t-mobile defy with motoblur? does that make a difference? It sucks because at the end of the rom installation it says "Welcome to Jelly Bean, enjoy!"

not quite sure, really sorry man. Maybe someone else could help you with the same.

Sent via my Defy+