Playing mp4 video

Mahir1995

I'm using a Nokia 5233 with skyfire redefined. I'm not able to play some of mp4 videos which supports in belle. some videos are only having sounds and others are not showing properly

Skyfire redefined is not true belle ....... it is still s60v5.......... the looks is similar to belle................ and some time video codec supported but not audio so in that type of file u can watch the video but u can't listen ......... and sometime video codec not supported but audio supported in that case u can only hear sound but can't watch video.................

so convert for s60v5 not for belle that is high end device compare to s60v5..........

I'm using a Nokia 5233 with skyfire redefined. I'm not able to play some of mp4 videos which supports in belle. some videos are only having sounds and others are not showing properly

I am not sure what your problem is actually.

But still.

1. You can only play the format your phone supports.

( It doesn't matter if the format is of iPhone or Android. If it is mp4 ( for example) Then it will be played without any problem.)

If your video's are originally playable in "Belle" phones as you say, then they might have the "belle resolution" which is greater than s60v5.(640*360)

2. You cannot play a video that exceeds the resolution of your device.

So Even if it is the world known .3gp format, if it exceeds the resolution (say a general 3gp -  704*576), then it wont be played. However audio can still be heard.

Where as,

-If its played in another of 3gp - 352*288 format. It will be played without any error, just the viewing area  will be small ( you can adjust it while playing)

-Similarly iPhone mp4 format will only be played if its in 640*480. ( or A value within our range.)

-And the same goes for Symbian Belle.

- So You have to be sure the video is in the existing range of dimensions i.e. 640*360 and does not exceed it. you'll face no problem.

3. Sometimes When you download the video's from web, They too can be problematic. I don't know the actual reason behind it but I think its the same as the "2nd one" that I just described.

(Although, Video's such as from Youtube. Adjust themselves to screen. No problem here.)

So you just have to convert it to the right sized one.! There you go.!  :)>-

Hope it helps! :)