laptop or tablet

dibyendu ghosh

• 2 months later...

i am an engineering student of 2nd year.. electronics and communication department.. i have a desktop.. what should i buy nw a tablet or a laptop??

Sorry coudnt find the offtopic thread, so I thought to post here.

I would go for a laptop since it's so affordable these days. You can check out the laptops here. Furthermore, tablets capabilities are pretty limited and they dont have a DVD drive etc. And it seems like you would need it for a substantial amount of heavy using which i doubt the tablet can withstand.

If you stay at home itself then guess that most of your projects and other engineering stuff can be done with your desktop itself so why not by a tab?

i agree that desktop is really powerful ..... Buto in eng u have to move everytime and have to be ready with projects.......... So here we need lappy................ And inin eng , there is a time limit...... So to save ur time you can use lappy in almost every where ....... So lappy is recommanded..........

• 3 months later...

Laptop will be the best suggestion...

However, depends on which type of work will you be doing on it and how much cash are you willing to spend over it....

if you are willing to spend fortune over a full fledged all-rounder you can surely go for the Laptop...

Ultra-books are nice but a Classic Lappy offers more usability (sorry Edios!... :P ...read it on techradar...)

You cannot gained the versatility and especially gaming experience on an ultra-book than a  Laptop....

Unless you buy really costly ones, cheap  ultraboks are not worth it!  Other than ssd that comes with them, most cheap ultrabooks are underpowered!

Yup... Not worth it...

If not... and you're are just looking for something as a supplement to your collections of screens to roam around casually and have fun here and there...

You can readily opt for a nice tablet (Depending on you budget...)

I am myself looking forward to buy a tablet...But again as I said..think it over and buy the one which suits you the best!

When you're sure over one thing...Let us know here....

Plenty of experts on this site to help you out and get you the finest..!

All the best!