Application Development For WP7

raunaq93

Its too Simple....

just Download Visual Studio Express For Windows Phone from link Provided Below....

link : http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/windows-phone-developer-tools

Now.....run Visual Studio....but first Check Out the minimum system requirements...!!!

Step 1:

You will see something like its shown in fig...

Step 2 :

Select New Project ...

If you want to make your own Games then select XNA Game Studio 4.0 Category....

If you want to make your own Application....select SlilverLight for windows phone Category...

Now depending about Type of application you want to make....select from default template.......prefferably select the first template....that is Windows Phone Application.

On selecting First application You will see..a dialog box....select OS 7.1 and click ok

Step 3 :

Now you will see MainPage.xaml...dont worry about the codes written ...

here.....Mainpage.xaml shows you how your application will look like....you can add buttons, check boxes, progressbar, etc here....

For that...

right click on MainPage.xaml in Solution Explorer(on the right hand side of screen)...n select Open in Expression Blend....

Its just like corel Draw/Paint/Photoshop..

Get your things done there...and save it n close it..

and the visual studio will update itself according to it....

step 4:

to write code....you need to know c# language...

double click on MainPage.xaml.cs in Solution Explorer......write the codes there....save the project....!

you can check the application is working correctly or not by running the emulator by pressing F5...

if it has error...it will show u...n if has not got error...u can find your application in User\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\your Project name\bin\

Its a *.xap file...

You can see sample codes by regestring at : create.msdn.com

Where you can publish your application to market place directly...!

• 4 months later...

Hello, I have gone through the provided information and made good use of it. I own a Lumia 710 and the information you shared was really valuable, thanks. I have also tried another mehtod (according to the followings: http://www.voip-sip-sdk.com/p_511-windows-phone-platform-voip.html) that was also really good. If you want you can also have a look at it. Hope my information will be as useful as yours was.