How do I get more hits and members on my site and forum?

sachinvermarip

The major source of traffic is from Google Search Engine (you can say this as permanent traffic) So, the 1st priority should be getting a good score at Google. People simply dont type any website address but instead search for keywords in google. For your site, the suggested keywords should be categories of photography like Nature, canvas painting, abstract wallpaper, etc Try to write more content in each post so that google indexes it properly. Subscribe to Google Webmaster programme and list your site there with proper sitemap...set the crawl rate to high at start (for immediate indexing)...but after some months (2-3 months), set it to auto. Also try to have exclusive content so that many other fellow sites provide link to your site. The pagerank matters too.

The major source of traffic is from Google Search Engine (you can say this as permanent traffic)

So, the 1st priority should be getting a good score at Google. People simply dont type any website address but instead search for keywords in google.

For your site, the suggested keywords should be categories of photography like Nature, canvas painting, abstract wallpaper, etc

Try to write more content in each post so that google indexes it properly.

Subscribe to Google Webmaster programme and list your site there with proper sitemap...set the crawl rate to high at start (for immediate indexing)...but after some months (2-3 months), set it to auto.

Also try to have exclusive content so that many other fellow sites provide link to your site. The pagerank matters too.

thanks for the practical tips +1

:)

take some br3ak out of your forum & advertise it as if you are mad !!! - troll in URL wherever you can - that seems to be the easiest way ! Create a facebook page (maybe that'll help ) !

That will be just a temporary traffic....for quality traffic, he should subscribe to many forums of same niche (niche refers to same category)

There he should post abt his works and discuss about it. THat will be the best source for getting some quality traffic + active members.

That will be just a temporary traffic....for quality traffic, he should subscribe to many forums of same niche (niche refers to same category)

There he should post abt his works and discuss about it. THat will be the best source for getting some quality traffic + active members.

I don't need 1000s of members, just need some active members, who involve in discussion and post their work too.

I know that a photo forum can't attract members as much as a tech forum like GL.

Just need some quality traffic and members :)

I am already doing that. I involve in discussions in DPS blog and no surprise that after facebook DPS blog is the second largest source of traffic of my blog.

Yeah exactly that is what he should do ! -i just told something out of my ignorance dont mind ! - don't know much about such stuff !