[Suggestions] About What To Do After CET???

pavan061994

degree/certification/qualification never matters @ all !! its just lubricant towards your steps in sucess!Only sports are all feilds dead?painting,handicrafts,business etc?when u count them?

uc...-

ths is real life......not 3 idiots set....

If we have skills thn we will get degrees.....certificates easily.....so...thtz not matter....

I wanna to become a successful person not rich one....becoz.....mostly...people see success not money.....

Btw----to all....thx for suggestions....and keep on----

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

I m giving CET (Common Entrance Test ) Based on 12th and AIEEE....

I know ,I will score Good Marks .......

But,Then What to do Next??????

I have less Knowledge about Different Courses........Like GNIIT.........NIIT.......B.Com....B.Tech....

So,Help me :

My Interest is In : Computer Software (I.T)..........Means I will do anything in IT Sector.....

So,Suggest Me..... :D

If you want to enter the I.T industry the minimum requirement is to be an engineer in any stream. Even electrical engineering and mechanical will do. You must be really confused how an engineer with no training in computers can enter the IT industry. Well the reason is that the IT industry is vast and serves many types of customers. Even the software for Ferrari's F1 racing cars are made by Indian IT companies. So when you are making a software for a racing car you need both programming skills and mechanical engineering knowledge. Similarly when you make software for telecom clients like vodafone, airtel you need knowledge of an Electronics and Telecommunication engineer as well as programming skills.

Learning programming is easy. Anyone with a logical mind and good in maths can be a good programmer. And engineers fit that criteria perfectly. So IT companies have no problem recruiting any kind of engineer. And moreover the programming languages you learn in school and college like C & C++ aren't used much the software industry. When you enter the IT industry you will have to learn hundreds of new tools and languages.

So my advice will be that if you you want to enter any IT company then an engineering degree from any good college will be good enough. But if you want a chance to work at core software firms like microsoft or google then you need to do engineering in computer science only from good colleges like IIT, NIT etc. Now the reason why Microsoft, google and companies like them dont take any type of engineer is because first they have a single type of product which are targeted towards normal people like you and me. So they dont require specialized knowledge in any other field and secondly companies like google and microsoft are research oriented companies. So only computer science graduates can meet their needs.

And my final advice will be not to go for courses like GNIIT and other courses offered by software training centres. Yes you might get a job after doing courses from there but you wont be paid as much as an engineer and also you probably wont ever be a programmer. IT companies recruit people from these coaching centres just for their Infrastructure support team.

degree/certification/qualification never matters @ all !! its just lubricant towards your steps in sucess!Only sports are all feilds dead?painting,handicrafts,business etc?when u count them?

Well you are terribly wrong in this aspect. In almost ALL jobs in India you definitely need a degree. Dont confuse jobs with sports or business. Sports is not a job and you cant get any degree for that. And in business you are your own boss but in everything else you do need a degree. And dont compare India with other countries. If you go to the USA or Canada they dont look at degrees much. They only look at your experience and talent and they can afford to do that because their population  is small. But India has a huge population and companies just can't afford to interview everyone to search for talent. So they want a degree and they want marks so that they have to interview fewer number of candidates.

And dont confuse between getting a job and job life. Degrees and marks matter only in getting your first few jobs, after that when you have 4-5years of experience on one will ever ask you how much marks you got, they'll just ask you about your experience and what work you have done in your last company. And job life is totally different. When you enter a job your degrees dont matter any more. All that matters is how well you do the job. Do you think your company will give you promotions if you dont work? Even if you are an IIT graduate you wont get any promotion if you dont work. Inside the company you are not judged by your degree. You are only judged by the quality of your work and how much work you do.

Means???

Well in a software's life cycle only a small part is development and the rest is testing, support and maintenance. So in any software company you have a much higher chance of getting a support or maintenance project than a development project.

For example take the case of Windows. Windows 7 came out in 2009 but still you get bug fixes and security updates on win 7. It only took 3-4 years to develop win7 but win 7 will be supported and maintained by microsoft till 2020 so thats 11 years.

So all i'm saying is that you'll be fixing bugs most of the time rather than writing code for a new software from scratch. Most people like development projects because its more interesting, easier and fun to do. People also like to do testing also from time to time when they are tired of coding. Testing doesn't involve any coding so its fun to do after a long development project. Support and maintenance on the other hand are relatively difficult and boring. The reason is that when you maintain a software i.e provide bug fixes and patches for it you need to understand the new software first i.e how it works, every line of it. Then you need to find out where the bug is and fix it. Sometimes you need to provide enhancements to softwares too in the maintenance phase. For example each service pack to windows adds improved features and new features over the older version.

When you enter a software company you will be mapped to different projects and then in a project you will be mapped to different teams like development team, testing team, support team, maintenance team. If you get mapped to a specific team you will to stay there for at least a year or two. Like if you enter a testing team you will have to do testing for a year or two or if you enter a maintenance team you will have to fix bugs for a year or two :P. So being a software engineer doesn't mean you will be making hi-fi softwares all day. Actually you spend more time fixing a software than making the software itself.

So keep in mind all these things and decide what you want to do.

Well in a software's life cycle only a small part is development and the rest is testing, support and maintenance. So in any software company you have a much higher chance of getting a support or maintenance project than a development project.

For example take the case of Windows. Windows 7 came out in 2009 but still you get bug fixes and security updates on win 7. It only took 3-4 years to develop win7 but win 7 will be supported and maintained by microsoft till 2020 so thats 11 years.

So all i'm saying is that you'll be fixing bugs most of the time rather than writing code for a new software from scratch. Most people like development projects because its more interesting, easier and fun to do. People also like to do testing also from time to time when they are tired of coding. Testing doesn't involve any coding so its fun to do after a long development project. Support and maintenance on the other hand are relatively difficult and boring. The reason is that when you maintain a software i.e provide bug fixes and patches for it you need to understand the new software first i.e how it works, every line of it. Then you need to find out where the bug is and fix it. Sometimes you need to provide enhancements to softwares too in the maintenance phase. For example each service pack to windows adds improved features and new features over the older version.

When you enter a software company you will be mapped to different projects and then in a project you will be mapped to different teams like development team, testing team, support team, maintenance team. If you get mapped to a specific team you will to stay there for at least a year or two. Like if you enter a testing team you will have to do testing for a year or two or if you enter a maintenance team you will have to fix bugs for a year or two :P. So being a software engineer doesn't mean you will be making hi-fi softwares all day. Actually you spend more time fixing a software than making the software itself.

Ya..thtz really...True...

I will Think on this Carefull.\y

BTW....+5 for u

:-bd Well explained again!

• 2 months later...