Nokia 5800, 5530, 523x, X6 - All RM - Katalyst^2

--|Official Katalyst Thread|-- ********************************************************************************* Credits: shadowninty, deathgoddg, anshmiester78900, iwalkwithshadow, adhir_g2007, srgudhka & all my other friends ********************************************************************************* If you're a n00b & don't know how to flash, here's a Flashing Tutorial for you. Don't forget to see how much free RAM i got after a little experimenting in the screenshots. Maximum amout of RAM anyone achieved till now on a 523x. M way ahead of my competitors here. ********************************************************************************* Katalyst^2 changelog List of modifications Boot Modifications Now get the freedom to choose your own Bootscreen(s). Unlike other CFWs, in Katalyst^2 you get 2 different Boot animations & sounds Just select your boot animation(s) & sound(s). Place them in E:\Boot\ (automatically created by the FW). Rename them as- First boot animation file - startup.gif First boot sound file - startup.mp3 Second boot animation file - startup 2.gif Second boot sound file - startup 2.mp3 Homescreens Katalyst is the most flexible CFW in terms of Homescreens. You get to choose your own homescreens yourself (Not only just OraTsu like other CFWs, but also Orange Tornado & Vodafone HS) There are 2 variants of the FW. One is the 8HS variant (No flash HS to avoid bugs) & the other one is the 9 HS variant (With flash HS) for those who can live with the Flash HS bugs. These homescreens are provided with the FW- Contacts Bar Basic Full page Navigation bar Shortcuts bar Here are some links for HS threads (Orange Tornado & Vodafone). Choose whichever you like. Collection of OraTsu homescreens Collection of Vodafone homescreens by ravish_919 In the 9HS variant, you get samsung widget HS (Flash HS) without the samsung bottom bar. You can manually add/remove it anytime you want by simply placing this samsungtoolbar.mif in E:\resource\apps   I've tried to make Katalyst^2 like a universal FW. So nothing useless added. Users get to choose what they want to add to their phones. Nothing useless added Applications Conversations (Integrated in messaging UI & hidden from menu) ROMPatcher+ New fileBrowser BTswitch (Hidden) Music player controls (Hidden) Auto-installer not added. You can install it manually (It's a free app available on thinkchange's website) Themes Original c6 theme added Only one theme added as i wanted to keep the CFW clean to give the users the choice for their own personalization Graphical Modifications Theme Effects: Speed Type 2 by Joker with Super Turbo Manifest User Interface highly accelerated to give you a blazing fast phone Reduced effects complexity which should result in a speed increase User Interface and Games framerate increased from 22 to 30 fps Blazing fast screen rotation Polished the UI for heavy usage You can now play games better Kinetic scrolling made extreemly smooth Kinetic scrolling removed from short lists to make it even faster Blue curve menu busy circle My own digital menu mod used Default Fonts Used Performance Modifications CPU load decreased RAM Cache in C:\ for best performance (This is the default configuration) Zero start up of background applications The FW prevent applications (Calender, Clock, Logs) from going in background automatically after you close them. But Contacts & messaging will still remain in background after you close them to ensure the best speed while using them. New CPU settings to boost performance Increased Heap Size further to boost up performance System cache increased Battery Optimised (to get the best out of your battery)   Media Modifications Gallery Gallery Browsing Speed Increased. Gallery will not search the folder "E:\Wallpapers\" (and it also won't search E:\boot\) Music Player Music Player Reads only E:\Music\ Music player speed highly accelerated Music Player response highly increased (Instantly pauses/plays on clicking the buttons) Music Player will Refresh even faster Camera Camera won't eat RAM after being closed Camera capture tone 3 changed, Now you'll get N8's camera capture tone when you select camera capture tone 3 To silence the camera capture tone, select camera capture tone 4. Web Browser Default Web Browser Cache increased to 10 MB and moved to E:\ "Rotate" Option in Browser File Manager Nokia default file browser can send sisx, sis, jar and any protected items via bluetooth, mms and uploads Nokia default file browser will show system folders and root folder (Just enable ReadCroot.rmp Patch) Misc. Modifications Bluetooth name changed to Katalyst^2 Call volume changed to maximum by default Default profile name changed from General to Katalyst^2 FOTA disabled to gain extra 5 MBs in C:\ Lock/Unlock vibration removed to gain even more battery life Delivery Reports turned on by default Character encoding set to full support by default Now you can record up to 12 Hours "In call timer" ON by default Voice Recording quality improved Tacticle Vibration Feedback turned OFF in "Katalyst^2" profile by default Light sensor settings changed Default screen brightness set to 50% by default ********************************************************************************* Downloads section FW 8HS - RM-356 | RM-427 | RM-428 | RM-504 | RM-551 | RM-559 | RM-588 | RM-593 | RM-594 | RM-625 | RM-629 9HS - RM-356 | RM-427 | RM-428 | RM-504 | RM-551 | RM-559 | RM-588 | RM-593 | RM-594 | RM-625 | RM-629 Usage Instructions Use my ROFS3 & UDA with the original ROFS2 (Rename them as your original ROFS3 & UDA) No need to hard-reset your phone after flashing like other CFWs. Just use your phone after flashing normally Flash your phone with K^2 & feel the speed yourself.

Update !

Conversation with the CFW author !

Me:

are u really working for Symbian ?

CFW author:

Nope. I am not. I hv a droid. Y wud i be working on symbian?

But i can work on a final release. A last one. Whaddaya say?

Bt m no longer up to date with Symbian, & most importantly, i don't even have my 5233 with me anymore. So i dnt think it'll be possible.