How to disable graphics card in graphics integrated motherboard

Mahir1995

Today i bought a nvidia gs8400. When i read the manual it says we should disable graphics card if the motherboard is integrated with graphics.

So i need complete tutorial for doing that. Can anyone help me

listen the thing u said is evry mobotherboard has some graphic memory by default.but when you plug a gFx it means you are using an external memory(your GFX) for more smoother and higher end experience to disable them and use your own external memory(your GXX) you need to go to the bios and under some vedeo or disply tab/menu/option you need to select vedeo adapter as PCI X 16 or auto mode

(note:In auto mode the cpu checks weather the moniter cable is pluged in GFX or to your mobo)

now i provided some screens of my bios to select adapter

(note:Your process would be tottally different because your bios version and model is different but it will give you some idea)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in mine case..

First pic decribes that i have gone to advance tab

then second pic says i gone to vedeo configuration

then third pic says i had gone to adapter

the here you have to select auto or external PCI(you GFX)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to check your GFX is working or not folow these steps..

plug your GFX in mobo and then plug your moniter cable to your mobo...

(Here: now here what will happen is you GFX will not work your mobo graphic will work as in bios its selected(mobo graphics) and you will get display too as GFX as null and void effect on pc)

now when your windows got loaded completely you will see a box appearing of found new hardware(most probably)..if this happened now you can conclude you need to change adapter in bios and GFX is OK..

and if this same isn't happened install nvidia drivers drivers only install when a GFx is pluged in...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. what i feel your GFX wil 99.9% would be Ok you didn't seleccted correct adapter in bios most bios have auto mode as default but some don't have like i didn't to auto by default in my bios...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post-4494-138186202525_thumb.jpg

post-4494-138186202543_thumb.jpg

post-4494-138186202561_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

i also have asus motherboard .......... when i installed gfx the shared memory which is already a 256 mb got disabled and via cpu id it is confirm that my computer is using gfx not the internal........... so i don't have any prob with that......... and now the shared memory is now become a full ram so speed also increased......... :D