LinsPirat LTS Rev2! by tintinboss |Nokia 5233|5230|5800|X6(FIXED 24/03/12!)

@tintinboss @nikship n othr modders....... guys jst fr knwledge can u tell if performnce,stability etc f a base depends on mods used........?? shld we choose fw accordin to our base core used??? ........ i mean some prefer n97v30 n say it has bttr bttry n stuff..........now c6v42 is out....n here wr usin c6v41 ........... wats it really all about........... thx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@tintin

Whn will be the releasing of X6 RM-559    :)

If u dont mind i can be a beta tester!! :)

yes i too love to know the date for RM-559. waiting

Its in progress mate :) Please wait a while :)

@sajrockz :  Sure mate. Soon after tristar2 ports it :) You can also contact him in the meantime. Thanks :)

awesome cfw bro....i think it could be more bettee if made on C6 V42. But i found a bug that in landscape keypad,unable to add numericals ie. 1 2 3 and all. Hope would get a solution 4 dat. Anyways ths is a great cfw.

Thanks mate! :) Yeah that issue is true. I'll provide a fix in the thread...

@tintinboss @nikship n othr modders....... guys jst fr knwledge can u tell if performnce,stability etc f a base depends on mods used........??

shld we choose fw accordin to our base core used??? ........

i mean some prefer n97v30 n say it has bttr bttry n stuff..........now c6v42 is out....n here wr usin c6v41 ........... wats it really all about...........

thx

Hmm... There's no basic difference between N97 and C6 CFWs... Both have good sides. If you ask me, I find no difference in battery life. It depends a lot on the Mods used in the CFW. The cause I use C6v41 is simply cause N97v30 has an unavoidable btheadset issue... I explained many times about it I think :)

There's some difference between OFW and CFWs though. But I don't totally agree with the concept of the meaning :D OFW stands for Official firmware and CFW stands for Custom Firmware. So all CFWS are actually OFW based :P Yeah the partition structure may be C6 port or OFW based!

Being on-topic: So called OFW based firmwares lacks many advanced features of the N97 or C6 firmwares. Like Widgetized HS, emails and uses lightweight versions of many features like photobrowsers, dialer etc. Hence it consumes less RAM logically and has generally greater RAM available than the C6 or N97 ports.

So if you want a phone with more ram and less features, go for OFW, if you cant live without the widgetized HS and smart dialers and photobrowsers etc... well you got a lot of choices like Krystal,Equilibrium and well you can try LinsPirat too once :D

EDIT : About c6v42 and why it was not used by me : Too much buggy for my liking...