Vote for the best Forum Software

Die2mrw007

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd say PHPBB

but the best is IPBOARD!

I personally don't like SMF much.

For what reason you dislike SMF ?

I simply like it for the reason its freeware and offers much things which even sometimes a paid forum software doesnt have. Its simple to use when compared with other forum software....other forum software have admin panel set as completely back-end while SMF admin panel is live at the menu itself.

SMF is coded in simple PHP with advanced hooks and functions. Security is good (unless any plugin disturb it)

Even loads pretty fast in mobile.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Prayaas Aggarwal

For what reason you dislike SMF ?

I simply like it for the reason its freeware and offers much things which even sometimes a paid forum software doesnt have. Its simple to use when compared with other forum software....other forum software have admin panel set as completely back-end while SMF admin panel is live at the menu itself.

SMF is coded in simple PHP with advanced hooks and functions. Security is good (unless any plugin disturb it)

Even loads pretty fast in mobile.

Hmm... The only reason I don't like it is it's old themes.. Otherwise, it's good. There are some things, which are not in SMF but in others.. For example, the post icon changes according to post popularity in PHPBB. Also, we can steal money and rob in SMFShop! :P

Hmm... The only reason I don't like it is it's old themes.. Otherwise, it's good. There are some things, which are not in SMF but in others.. For example, the post icon changes according to post popularity in PHPBB. Also, we can steal money and rob in SMFShop! :P

You should check some themes I have installed in forum :P

Navigate to Profile >> Look and layout >> themes ;-)

And for features....everything can be done in my experience but these special or advanced features are not provided as default just to make it simple and lightweight by the SMF team. I have implemented many things in forum via coding which isnt provided by SMF. An advanced PHP developer can make the SMF pretty equal to other paid forums. Even SMF allows users to remove their copyright links from footer without any charge (but they will discontinue free support).

So, without paying a single penny SMF offers more than needed and I am pretty satisfied with this approach of open source. There are lacks of plugins available for SMF (I prefer only the essential one)