[Tutorial] How to Flash Samsung GTS 5620

[glow=red,2,300]WARNING : Flashing is a risky process. It may brick your phone. So, read this guide carefully and understand each step and do at your own risk[/glow]

Guide Keys -

[glow=red,2,300]Red[/glow] - Warnings (Don't even try to ignore them !)

[glow=blue,2,300]Blue[/glow] - Necessary steps

[glow=green,2,300]Green[/glow] - Extensions of files (or folders)

What we will need :-

1. Multiloader 5.62 (Don't be confused with multiloader 5.56)

2. Any firmware (I'm using XEJE1 for this guide)

3. USB cable

4. Patience

PREPARATION

1. Download the firmware and extract it to desktop. Here is the list of firmwares and download links :

http://forum.gizmolord.com/java-or-basic-phone/collection-of-samsung-gts-5620-custom-firmwares

2. Downlaoad Multiloader [glow=green,2,300]5.62[/glow]. Here is the download link -

http://rapidshare.com/files/368132739/MultiLoader_V5.62.zip

3. Type *#7465625# and check if you have sim lock. [glow=red,2,300]If you have a lock, please get it unlocked. Don't flash if it's locked.[/glow]

4. [glow=red,2,300]If you have a branded firmware (like orange), do not flash with any firmware !![/glow]. If you want to flash, please ask for a firmware in the forum.

5. [glow=red,2,300]Make sure you have enough battery[/glow]. Flashing drains battery pretty fast and if it goes of in middle of flashing, you're screwed !

6. Make a backup of your data from your phone memory. [glow=red,2,300]You will lose data after flashing[/glow].

7. [glow=red,2,300]Remove your SIM and Memory Card.[/glow]

8. Names of the files and folders may differ per firmware or source. It is advised to choose files by looking on extensions rather than the names

GUIDE

1. [glow=blue,2,300]Open multiloader 5.62[/glow]

2. [glow=blue,2,300]Select BRCM2153[/glow] in the control box.

Posted Image

3. [glow=blue,2,300]Tick Boot Change and Full Download[/glow]. [glow=red,2,300]Don't tick Master Rom and Differences Only.[/glow]

Posted Image

4. [glow=blue,2,300]Click on boot[/glow] and navigate to [glow=blue,2,300]and select the [glow=green,2,300]BOOTFILES[/glow] folder[/glow] from where you have extracted the firmware (Make sure you select the Boot folder.Folder's name may differ per firmware or download source)

Posted Image

5. [glow=blue,2,300]Click on amss[/glow] and navigate to and [glow=blue,2,300]open amss.bin[/glow] from where you have extracted the firmware.

6. [glow=blue,2,300]Click on apps[/glow] and navigate to and [glow=blue,2,300]open apps_compressed.bin[/glow]

7. [glow=blue,2,300]Click on Rsrc1 and open the Rsrc.[glow=green,2,300]RC1[/glow] file[/glow] (In my case, there is Rsrc_S5620_Open_Europe_Slav.rc1)

Posted Image

8. [glow=blue,2,300]Click on Rsrc2 and open the Rsrc2(low).[glow=green,2,300]RC2[/glow] file[/glow] (In my case, there is Rsrc2_S5620(Low).rc2)

Posted Image

[glow=red,2,300]WARNING : Always use the Low version of the RC2. Don't choose Mid version !! it may brick your phone.

[/glow]

9. Click on FactoryFS and open the FactoryFs_S5620.[glow=green,2,300]FFS[/glow] file (In my case, there is FactoryFs_S5620_Open_Europe_SEK.ffs)

10. [glow=blue,2,300]Click on CSC[/glow] and navigate to and [glow=blue,2,300]open the CSC_S5620.[glow=green,2,300]CSC[/glow] file[/glow]

11. [glow=blue,2,300]Click on SHP APP and open ShpApp.[glow=green,2,300]app[/glow][/glow]

12. Leave blank FOTA, TUNE, ETC. They are of no use to us.

13. [glow=blue,2,300]Click on PFS and Open PFS_S5620.[glow=green,2,300]PFS[/glow][/glow] (In my case, there is PFS_S5620_Open_Europe_Slav_SER.pfs)

[glow=red,2,300]WARNING : Always choose the [glow=green,2,300]FFS[/glow] and [glow=green,2,300]PFS[/glow] of the same region (I've used SER)[/glow]

14. [glow=blue,2,300]Turn off the phone, press vol. down key + camera + power on key[/glow] to go to download mode.

15. [glow=blue,2,300]Connect your phone[/glow]. It would show that the phone is connected. [glow=blue,2,300]Choose that port with phone[/glow].

16. You may want to [glow=blue,2,300]check everything again that everything is perfect.[/glow]. Keep checking it 2-3 times.

17. Take a long breath and [glow=blue,2,300]press Download[/glow]. Keep patience untill your phone gets restarted and switched on normally. [glow=red,2,300]Don't remove the USB cable or turn off the PC or Close the multiloader[/glow]

Now, your update is 100% fine if you have followed the steps correctly.

If you have accidentally done something wrong, check if the phone is going to download mode (press down + camera + power on). If it works, reflash your phone. If i doesn't start, follow this guide :

http://forum.gizmolord.com/java-or-basic-phone/(tutorial)-how-to-restore-boot

You may want to install mods (themes) on your phone now. Refer to this guide :

http://forum.gizmolord.com/java-or-basic-phone/(tutorial)-how-to-patch-firmware-and-install-mods

Thank you