Version 0.9.10b7 of redsn0w adds a collection of useful features:
• It finally implements the corona-A5 jailbreak for iPhone4S and iPad2 devices still at 5.0.1.
• It can also re-install that jailbreak for those who accidentally uninstalled the untether.
• When stitching an IPSW, it can now grab your blobs directly from Cydia.
• It now shows a lot more info about your device (for instance, whether your iPhone3G has the vulnerable baseband boot loader, or whether your iPhone3GS has the old exploitable bootrom.
redsn0w 0.9.10b8 adds the ability to backup arbitrary directories or files from your device into a zip file on your Mac or PC. The new button is Extras->Even More->Backup and it requires your device to be jailbroken with the afc2 service enabled (most jailbreaks include that). By default it will backup your activation records from /var/root/Library/Lockdown, which is useful for everyone taking advantage of today’s SAM unlock using Loktar_Sun’s trick (more on that in a later post!).
The 0.9.10b8b update to redsn0w makes the zip files more compatible with the native Windows explorer (which doesn’t like leading slashes in the filenames).
Next new features
• Built-in restore support, to provide an alternative to iTunes restores.
What this DOES NOT DO
• This DOES NOT allow you to Jailbreak your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 if you are on iOS 5.1 FW
• This DOES NOT allow you to do SHSH restores on your iPhone 4S or iPad 2
You are not allowed to view links.